Monday, September 12, 2011

COMFY CROCHET WASH CLOTH


What can I say. I just enjoy crocheting little things for my home!
Often I spend a lot of time knitting. Mostly gifts for others, which I enjoy doing, and less often, it seems, trying to complete one of several projects for myself. Example: Einstein Jacket-circa: many years ago! Status: Not done yet, but almost.
It's a very rare thing for me, during the summer months, to NOT be knitting on my back porch or poolside, a Ball Band dish cloth. None knitted this summer. Nope, not a one.
But, I do like to make things for my home.


This year, my summer turned into THE SUMMER OF CROCHET LOVE for me. My back porch time was usually spent crocheting little cloths at 2 am while my aged collie, Scotty, was leisurely relieving himself in the moonlight. This was my coping skill to deal with my enforced sleep deprivation.


These little wash cloths were made with Plymouth Earth Oceanside Organic Cotton, purchased at the Knitters Edge, in Bethlehem, Pa., in assorted natural color tones. This was my very first experience working with organic cotton of any kind. This yarn is very soft and works into a great wash cloth, which, from personal experience, feels quite luxurious. Keep them for yourself or gift to a friend!



Here is the pattern. Enjoy!

COMFY CROCHET WASH CLOTH
2 balls of Plymouth Earth Oceanside Organic Cotton, in 2 different  colors.
F Hook
Two balls make roughly 3 cloths, with contrasting color border edging.  
Size approximately 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches
Chain 30
Starting from second chain from hook, single crochet across, chain 1, turn.
Row 1: Single crochet across row.
Repeat row 1 for 35 rows or until desired length. Cut yarn and attaching contrast color, single crochet along all 4 sides, making 2 single crochet stitches in each corner stitch. Cut yarn, weave in tails, and make another one!

No comments: